RELIEF & ASSISTANCE
Crisol Corridor Business Improvement District Marketing & Promotion Matching Grant:
Ethnic Minority Emergency Grant (EMEG):
- Apply HERE – Applications will be accepted from May 18-24, 2020.
- A business may apply for a one-time grant of $2,000 for short-term operations assistance through Wisconsin’s Collective Ethnic and Diverse Organizations.
- Eligible applicants are minority-owned businesses with five or fewer full-time equivalent employees (including the owner) in the retail, service or hospitality sectors that have not received assistance through WEDC’s Small Business 20/20 Program or the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) through the federal CARES Act.
- Haga clic aquí para acceder al portal de solicitud de la Iniciativa de Subvenciones de Emergencia por Minorías Etnicas.
- Para preguntas frecuentes, consulte el resumen del programa.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) now available in Wisconsin:
Department of Workforce Development is taking applications for PUA benefits. PUA is a new federal unemployment benefit created in the CARES Act. PUA is for individuals who are unemployed and otherwise not eligible for unemployment benefits. PUA is for up to 39 weeks and covers self-employed individuals, independent contractors, people with limited recent work history, and others not covered by regular UI.
LISC Small Business Relief Grant:
- APPLY HERE
- Grant Information and FAQ
- With funding from Verizon and Sam’s Club, LISC is provide grants to small businesses facing immediate financial pressure because of Covid-19.
- Round 3 Application Period – Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, May 20th at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- En Español
THE WWBIC COVID-19 FAST TRACK LOAN PROGRAM:
This program is focused on existing businesses looking for business financing during COVID-19. Business owners have two options to pick from depending on their needs: a line of credit or a term loan.
The SBA (US Small Business Association)
- Paycheck Protection Program applications from participating lenders will be accepted begining Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:30am EDT. https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program#section-header-0
- SBA is unable to accept new applications at this time for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)-COVID-19 related assistance program (including EIDL Advances) based on available appropriations funding. Applicants who have already submitted their applications will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. https://www.sba.gov/page/disaster-loan-applications
- Debt Relief Program: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/sba-debt-relief
EN ESPAÑOL – Asistencia de préstamos por desastre de la SBA
Kiva recently announced major changes to the Kiva U.S. program in response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak. They are eager to help small businesses struggling under the impact of this pandemic.
Credit Card Assistance:
Citi – https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=covid19 EN ESPAÑOL
Capital One – https://www.capitalone.com/coronavirus/ EN ESPAÑOL
U.S. Chamber Provides Small Business Guide for Emergency Loans:
Employee Retention Tax Credit Info
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses who maintain their payroll during this emergency.
- Importantly, these loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward. The administration soon will release more details including the list of lenders offering loans under the program.
- In the meantime, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued this guide to help small businesses and self employed individuals prepare to file for a loan.
Bartender Emergency Assistance Program Grant:
WEDC Small Business Grant (For businesses who already have loans out through CDFI lenders):
Facebook Small Business Grants:
**Due to overwhelming demand, the program is unable to accept new applications.**
US Chamber of Commerce ‘Save Small Business Fund’:
$5,000 Grants available, application went live April 20, 2020: APPLY HERE
Qualifying Businesses must:
1. employ between 3-20 employees
2. be located in an economically vulnerable community (zip codes 53221, 53215, 53207 qualify)
3. have been harmed financially by the COVID-19 pandemic
**Due to an overwhelming response of 60,000 applicants to date, the Fund is not currently accepting new applications.**
Restaurant Employee Relief Fund (RERF):
Restaurant workers experiencing extraordinary hardship in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak can apply online for a one-time $500 grant. You can apply for aid here – https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/
**Interested Artists: Applications are closed as of Wednesday, April 1, 5:00 pm. Should additional significant funds become available, we will reopen applications.**
Artist Relief Fund (IMAGINEMKE has opened an artist relief fund for individual artists):