Beautification & Property Improvement Grant
Where to submit a project application:
Leif Otteson – Executive Director
Gateway to Milwaukee – Crisol Corridor Beautification Grant Program
4121 S. 6th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53221
Crisol Corridor 2021 PROPERTY BEAUTIFICATION GRANT DESCRIPTION & ELIGIBILITY
Background Information – Property Beautification Grants
This Crisol Corridor – Oklahoma Business Improvement District #50 grant program is intended to leverage local dollars, as well as support the ongoing beautification efforts of local business and property owners in the district and our community. The grant is designed to assist commercial property owners and area businesses with improving the appearance of their building and/or property, thus improving the overall appearance of the business district.
Any business or commercial property owner operating within the boundaries of the Criosl Corridor – Oklahoma Business Improvement District #50 in the City of Milwaukee is eligible to apply to this grant program.
Property Beautification Definitions:
Any number of physical improvements made or applied to the street facing side of the building or property such as that improves the overall appearance of the business to the general public. Examples of beautification projects may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Siding/trim repair & replacement (paint, masonry, vinyl, aluminum, etc.)
- Window trim repair & replacement
- Exterior signage (connected to the building and/or standalone)
- Perennial flowers, trees, and shrubbery
- Stone and masonry features (existing building and landscaping)
- Decorative streetscaping (benches, bicycle racks, stone or masonry planters, etc.)
- Decorative fencing
- Exterior lighting
- Other projects that may include a permanent decorative art feature such as fountains, murals, and sculptures will be considered on a case by case basis.
A business property beautification project must meet all of the requirements listed below to be considered for this reimbursement grant:
- Project must add a visual improvement to the street facing/public side of the building and/or property
- Grant limits are up to 50% of the total project cost, with a limit of $1,000 in grant funds per project/property in a calendar year.
- Purchase of product or services related to the grant application must only take place after your application has been approved.
- Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis for the duration of fund availability.
- Applicants are limited to one grant award per calendar year.
- Payments are made based on proof of expenditure of funds (i.e. invoices, receipts, cancelled checks, etc.) for reimbursement.
- Funds approved for a project are for a fixed dollar amount. Cost overruns are the responsibility of the applicant.
- The maximum property beautification grant amount is 50% of the total project cost, up to and not to exceed $1,000.